Dementia Care- Person Centred Approaches & Meaningful Activities
Target Audience: Applications are welcomed from all people who work with or care for adults including carers, independent and voluntary providers and Adults Health and Social Care staff.
Pre-requisite: It is strongly recommended that before attending this course, delegates attend Essential Dementia Awareness training.
Course Aims: To help delegates empathise with the feelings and emotions behind certain behaviours to be more informed to help respond appropriately. To explore how living with dementia may influence a person’s ability to communicate with others. Delegates will be encouraged to take a flexible approach to communication with people who have dementia to be more informed to help respond appropriately.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will have understanding of:
- Explored person-centred theory in dementia care
- Learned how to apply models for understanding and responding to behaviour
- Understood person-centred care planning and practice
- Described Well-being and Ill-being Profiling
- An understanding on how to use person-centred communication techniques
- Learned how to support people with dementia at all levels of ability
- Understood how to identify and create dementia-friendly environments
Provider: Jackie Pool Associates
To book contact, firstname.lastname@example.org