Mental Health awareness
Target Audience: PCT, Hospital staff, Health and Social Care staff, Independent and Voluntary sector care providers, District Nurses and anyone else who is involved in providing a care service to people living in the community.
Course Aims: To provide an introduction for people not familiar with mental disorder or the notions of mental health and mental distress; to reduce any apprehension they may have in meeting and responding to people experiencing mental distress.
To introduce participants to the incidence and range of mental health problems and how to respond to people showing signs of mental distress and the range of treatment/support available.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will have understanding of:
- Normal and abnormal behaviours
- Common mental health problems
- Helpful and unhelpful responses to people showing signs of mental distress
- Risk, risk assessment and risk management
- The law relating to mental capacity and mental health
- Types of treatment available
- Where to obtain further information or specialist help
To book contact, email@example.com