Safeguarding Adults at Risk – basic awareness
Who should attend: Staff group A, B, C, D – All new staff
Target Audience: This course is suitable for all people who work with or care for adults including NHS staff, carers, independent and voluntary providers and Adult Health and Social Care staff.
Course Aims: To raise awareness and recognition about what constitutes abuse. Identify the key roles workers have in preventing and reporting abuse. To encourage a multi-agency approach to safeguarding adults at risk of abuse.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will have understanding of:
- What safeguarding is and the different roles in safeguarding adults
- The process for making a safeguarding alert/referral
- The importance of good practice and relevance of the respect and dignity agenda
- The policy and legislation that underpins safeguarding
- Recognise the types and indicators of abuse
- Have an awareness of your responsibilities in accordance with the West Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults multi agency policy and procedure
Provider: CMBC Workforce Development
Refresher Period: This training should be renewed every 3 years
To book: email@example.com